Sunday, January 13, 2013

8 Hour Date/ "Reverse Booty Call"

Ahhh, yes! I knew that title would get your attention! Well let me take you back to where it all began....

Summer of 2011... I met a guy from one of those dating sites, "Raoul". He was not normally my type of guy, yet I found him interesting and his conversations refreshing. He was a chef, by trade, and had his own little business(es) on the side. By his admission he worked a lot... but somehow we managed to meet for a quick lunch date that went into 8 hours, and it was awesome! We were in one restaurant for 3 hours, talked in the parking lot for 1 hour, had drinks at another restaurant for 2 hours, went to a bookstore for an hour and back in the parking lot talking again an hour. Whew! *These times may not be accurate to the T, but when all was said and done we had spent 8 hours together, nonstop conversation! I liked the guy and I wanted to see more of him. The problem with "Raoul" is more than likely he was a Player (or maybe *Montell Jordan voice* a wannabe player). I don't see how two people who live in the same city don't spending that much time together. Tons of excuses about us being "too busy". Speak for yourself, Pat'nah! I may be busy, but I make time for those that I want to see, who WANT to see me as well. Needless to say I didn't see him again until one time in 2012. I went out to a local pub, and I checked in/posted online. He saw it, then met me out there. It was cool, but not the same as our first encounter.

Over time, he started to pursue me a little bit stronger. I guess "What had happened was..." nothing else panned out in his Player World and he came back to the "Sure Thing" (moi) or he must've had more free time when he went into business for himself, after leaving his chef jobs. I don't know...
Anyway, here's what "took the cake", for me.. He called me out of the blue and wanted to take me out. I guess I was being "short and curt" with him and told him "Let me look at my appointment book and get back to you with my availability". By now, my interest from 2011 waned. I was under the impression that he was going to surprise me; perhaps with a dinner prepared on the beach since he wanted me to dress really casual for our date. When that day came, he called me said "Bring your clothes for work tomorrow with you because you're staying with me". WTF?? Excuse me, WHAT in the ENTIRE eff?? I'm thinking "Dude, I have never even been to your house before and I'm supposed to go over there, bring clothes and spend the night". I kindly declined and offered him the opportunity to take me out again. He suggested some places that were far below the quality of places we went on our first date. I wasn't gonna be snooty about it, I was gonna go. Hey who knows, maybe he wanted to keep it casual...

Needless to say we didn't go because I had to work a lot later than I planned, so we moved it to the next day. On the next day I texted to see if we were still on and asked where will be going? He texted back he's not really feeling going out; he wants to stay in and play pool. I said okay will you be cooking? He was like "Nah", so my response was "Let's take a rain check". He said "Right" and never contacted me again. So, I said to myself...I get it, this dude tried to turn me into what I like to call a "Reverse Booty Call". A RBC is when someone really wants to make you into a Booty Call, but they try to pretend like it's something else, i.e. "dating interest"... With that being said this dude obviously did not want to date me and he just wanted to use me! My thing is, we are both adults, so if you want a Booty Call, or you'd like to make Booty Call Arrangements, don't be beating around the bush and sh*t, be polite and just ask! I will take your query into consideration. You want to know my response, in this case? Nah, Pat'nah, I'm good! I don't want YOUR booty anyway!! I got options! SMDH! ***OMG! Update! One month later, I get a message from Raoul, using a popular phone app...It says, casually, "What's going on?" I get the info on it. It was a GROUP message that went out to 63 other different women too!!! What an #@$$hole! I did I sent a polite message back: "Hi ladies, all 65 of you. :-)" What's going on NOW, pat'nah??.....lmaoooo

3 comments:

  1. I'll know, right?! How rude not to ask for Booty Call Permission first! #Uncouth

    ReplyDelete
  2. ***OMG! Update! One month later, I get athe message from Raoul, using a popular phone app...It says, casually, "What's going on?" I get the info on it. it was a GROUP message that it went out to 63 other different women too!!! What an #@$$hole! I did I sent a polite message back: "Hi ladies, all 65 of you. :-)" What's going on NOW, pat'nah??.....lmaoooo

    ReplyDelete