Sunday, January 27, 2013

"Wine Mess", not Fest

Here we go again...I'm still on Year 1 of the infamous "2 Year Dating Hell" Phase. It seems to me that many of my interactions/dates have went on during the first year. I'd say the best thing about .my misfortune is that it fuels my writing so that I can share with others for their entertainment. Consider these stories the "Rainbow after the rain storm"....Enjoy!

Ahh, yes...back to where we left off... I must warn you, this story is not has humorous as the others, so bear with me. Since I started writing it, I have to finish it... I'm not a quitter!! :-)
I was attending a Wine Festival, for the second time with a good friend. We enjoyed the libations and chatted with quite a few people. There was an older vendor, Brad Cramden, whom we chatted with the longest. He said that he was headed out to meet some friends for dinner, and invited us to meet up afterwards. We exchanged numbers. My friend was ready to go home and I wasn't. We parted ways and I headed out to a nearby bar, by myself. Brad met me at the bar, after his quick dinner. We conversed for a little while and agreed to go elsewhere. He took care of the check, and we left. He definitely was not my type, physically, but he was entertaining and nice.

We went to a cigar bar lounge and had more wine. He wanted to hold my hand and kept saying  "See see how good our hands fit together". What??? Really? Somehow we got on the subject of children and he told me about his daughter, who happened to be just a few years younger than me. Yes, that's one hell of an age difference between us,  but for some reason I agree to go on a date with him the next day.
We met up at this restaurant at the beach. It had a nice laid back, tiki bar sort of vibe to it. I had no wine that day and I had very little appetite. The whole time I was thinking "What the hell am I doing? ; this man has a daughter that's close to my age!" He could see that I was sick, but I also started to feel very awkward. He said, "What's the matter, too much wine last night?" At this point even his voice was becoming irritating; He sounded a lot like a "cartoonish mobster". I shrugged it off and said "No I think it must have been something I ate". I just couldn't "get into it".  He was not as engaging and he seemed to be more concerned about the football game, constantly referring to plays and stats, like I gave a sh*t. He was from Chicago and a huge Bears fan. The date was on a Sunday and I think he secretly wanted to go to to that restaurant for the huge TVs and small crowd...to watch the "dayum" game!
After the game, we ended our night, quickly "Church Hugged", and went our separate ways. I text him to let him know I got home safely. We never spoke again. If I ever see him again, I'll casually speak, and hope he doesn't remember me. Oh well so much for being open minded and trying something different... I'm wondering if "date sampling" will ever be just as good "wine sampling". One can only hope...Here's to "New Adventures"... I'll drink to that!
Cheers & Salud!

No comments:

Post a Comment